Not taken today, but if this woman isn't blog worthy, I don't know what it is!
During my blogging hiatus, I was kindly awarded a Versatile Blogger Award by the author of the overcaffeinated. Then just last week, I was again honored to learn that Inkmark of Objects of Desire had bestowed a Stylist Blogger Award upon me. Thanks to both of you for choosing Lyziologie!
The rules of both these awards state that any recipient has to award them to other deserving blogs and share 7 tidbits about yourself.
The Versatile Blogger Awards (7) go to:
- Gettin' Lucky In Kentucky
- confessions of a serial thrifter
- Becoming Norma Arnold
- Ashley Getting Dressed
- You, Me, & Anthropologie
- adored austin
The Stylish Blogger Awards (15) go to:
Seven Things About Me
1. My siblings are much older than I. My sister and brother are 20 and 14 year older, respectively. We're all incredibly close. My sister lives with us and my brother visits every Saturday night.
2. After almost 11 years of togetherness, my husband still drives me mad. The way he looks, smells, his voice... To this day, my heart still skips a beat when I simply think of him. Anyone need a barf bag?
3. I have five cats. Really. I am honest to God cat lady. Two of them were a Mother's Day day gift two years ago. The other three walked into the office where my husband was working one early March morning last year. More accurately, two of them walked in and the last limped in. His leg was badly broken. Need I say more? Their names are:
- Penny Whiskers
- Scout Whiskers
- Iroh Deniro-Shapiro
- Hiro Deniro-Shapiro
- Mozart Deniro-Shapiro
4. I have three truly wonderful children. They are all intelligent, loving, and generally well-behaved. I couldn't be luckier to be their mother. Though it deeply disgusts me when people "label" their children, ("the smart one", "the pretty one", etc.) here are some things that make mine really special:
- Adrian, age 9, is creative and introspective.
- Eden, age 7, is helpful and self-assured.
- Grant, age 5, is generous and thoughtful.
5. My house has an in-law apartment and that's where my sister and parents live. I get along great with them and it's nice to have them so close. I honestly don't have one complaint about this living arrangement at all.
6. I love to cook. Almost all of the food my family eats is from scratch/homemade, because I am obsessed with knowing what's in the food we eat.
7. Growing up, I was incredibly spoiled. To begin, I'm my dad's only child. My siblings had jobs as far back as I can remember and are both just ridiculously generous human beings. My sister wanted me to have the nicest toys, and later on, the nicest clothes, shoes, hair cuts, etc. It was my sister who bought me my first Chanel lipstick...... at the ripe old age of 13.
Whew! I didn't mean for that to be so long! FINALLY, with no further ado, my OOTD:
Cardigan: J. Crew
Tights: Charlotte Russe
Thanks for reading!