The study of a grown up girl who still loves playing dress up

The study of a grown up girl who still loves to play dress up

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ski Mom OOTD

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a great New Year so far. Today my older kids had ski lessons and I made the impractical clothing choice of a dress. Interestingly, I wasn't cold as it was a warm 35 degrees here in Southern NH. Plus, impractical or not, I needed to break out the brand new Reed Shirtdress I acquired through Roxy's Effortless Anthropologie Trade Market! I have been lusting after this dress for a whole year.


Cardigan: J. Crew - $21.00
Dress: Anthropologie Reed Shirtdress $85.00
Belt: Looping Lanes Belt - $15.00
Tights: Simply Vera from Kohl's - $.62 
Boots: Vince Camuto Karena Boots - $129.99

I'm totally in love with this dress. I love the vintage silhouette, and the fact that it also has a slightly shorter hemline than most vintage inspired dresses/skirts. It should be noted that I'm not really super jacked in real life; the sleeves of my dress are bunched up under my cardigan. ;) 

Unfortunately, I am not as in love with my new boots. They are the third pair of brown boots I've ordered in the past month (I returned the first two) and I'm losing hope that I'll ever find boots with shafts that fit my calves perfectly. I'm keeping them because they are definitely high quality boots that I got at a steal and the roomy calf area isn't noticeable in jeans. They're also undeniably gorgeous.

I got two sweet deals on popbacks from my Anthro wishlist last week:

Paid $37. Original price was $98.

Purchased for $112. Originally sold for $268.


Did anyone else snag any great after Christmas deals? Did anyone make a New Year's resolution to shop less? ;)

6 comments:

  1. good buys. Can't wait to see your outfit with the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the boots look good- I don't think they look too big in the calf, but if you don't like the fit, maybe the gilgarran boots will work better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious...is that the Merino Cielo ruffle cardi in Coal? It appears Navy on my moniter, but I don't think they issued it in Navy...did they? The reason I ask is that I actually have the Reed dress in that colorway and I recently ordered the Coal cardi too....:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon!

    It's coal. I don't think it was released in navy, but I'm not as up to date on J. Crew as I have been in past years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! So glad to have found you! We have the same number of children...two boys and a girl...isn't it fun? =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristina! I follow your blog on Google Reader!

    My kids are great. They're fun and they make people believe I'm far more competent than I actually am. ;)

    ReplyDelete