The study of a grown up girl who still loves playing dress up

The study of a grown up girl who still loves to play dress up

Monday, November 15, 2010

Acting Workshop OOTD

Today was a pretty mellow day filled with the much of the usual. I did go to Walmart, which I've decided is more enjoyable than I was previously willing to admit because no one cares what kind of language you use there! Walmart is were I go to vent, use expletives, and buy laundry detergent (and tights apparently). On this day, I was shopping for my oldest son's birthday and much of my week will entail cleaning up for his Sunday birthday party.

About a month or so ago, I thought I would try acting. Tonight was the second night of a four part acting workshop I'm attending. FYI: I'm not a very serious person. I don't think I could ever call myself an actress. I'm just a normal person who is trying to act basically.  :)

This is what I wore:




Dress: Anthropologie Vappu Dress - $59.95
Shirt: American Eagle (circa 2006) - $17.00
Sash: J. Crew (circa 2008) - $10.00
Tights: Unknown brand, purchased from Walmart in a two-pack - $3.50
Shoes: Charlotte Russe - $10.00


I got a request from a reader for me to list prices of the things I wear. I didn't realize until I started this blog that I am a rather thrifty shopper. I've gotten a lot of encouraging feedback about my "personal style" (again, I am too silly to view myself as a "fashionista" of sorts, much like I'll never call myself an "actress") and the blog in general. I thank every one of you from the bottom of my heart!


<3 Lyzi



3 comments:

  1. The sash adds such interesting detail to your outfit. It kind of transforms the dress to something really different. At first glance I didn't even recognize it is the Vappu dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit. I love the Vappu dress. I have it in yellow. What are you talking about?!? Your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete