The study of a grown up girl who still loves playing dress up

The study of a grown up girl who still loves to play dress up

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tiny Windows Dress Conundrum?

I am supposed to be on a "no buy" because my birthday is next month and I plan on spoiling myself a bit with my b-day discount from Anthropologie...  That was until my very adorable friend, Bethany, called from her local store with what ended up being a $20 Lynx & Leo Dress (marked down from $138). After some gentle insistence that this dress was AMAZING (online pictures don't do it justice, she said) I conceded and she snapped it up for me. It was nice to be thought of. Thank you, Bethany!


I won't even lie. I am completely intrigued by the combination of ivory fabric/metallic threading/corset top.


Her local store also had a Tiny Windows Dress (originally $118) in the coral colorway. Did I mention it's on second cut for $30? My super sensitive Anthro shopper sense leads me to believe that this item will receive its third and final cut ($20 sale price) two Tuesdays from now, making me eligible for a price adjustment if I were to pull the trigger. If my shopping senses happen to be deceiving me, $30 is still an amazing price.

There's a problem though... I bought the Tiny Windows Dress in July in the lavender colorway.... Should I get this:


...if I already have this?



What do you think, y'all?


Bonus picture:




Me in my dearly beloved J. Crew Alpine Gramercy Coat, rockin' a fivehead. The photographer was my littlest son, Grant.

Here it is on the model:



Thank you for reading my blog!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. In my opinion (being the enabler, and all), it may as well be a different dress entirely. The coral color gives it an entirely different feel than the lavender. More sassy and bold... like you! <3

    P.S. I am so glad I was able to find such a great dress for you. I can't wait to see you post an OOTD where you show it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of coral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky of you to score both those dresses at 2nd cut prices! I remember staring longingly at the Lynx & Leo earlier this year myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and for $30 there is absolutely no shame stocking up in a second colorway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say totally go for it and get the Tiny Windows in the second colorway. They provide two completely different looks and can be worn during different seasons. However, I say all this because I own the dress is both colors, so when I give you this advice, know that it's biased!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dea, I completely agree with you- I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't blinded by my "bargain goggles"! I can't be the only one who gets those... Right? :P

    Anjali, I don't live near an Anthro store (I'm about 45 minutes from Boston), so I really only get a good look at items that are reviewed on other blogs. When my friend put the L&L on hold for me I had no idea what she was talking about!

    I have the In A Twinkling Dress, so I'm hoping I don't find them to be too similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that Coral color would be very, very pretty on you. Anthropologie has some really awesome knitwear, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man...
    #1- green is mine and elliot's favorite color and your jacket looks way better on you than ut does on the model...
    #2- i LOVE that lavender dress on you, cue stalker music...
    #3- not such a coral fan, save your $30 for something spectacular!

    ReplyDelete