The study of a grown up girl who still loves playing dress up

The study of a grown up girl who still loves to play dress up

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hot Mess Morning, Brownies Ceremony, and Lia Sophia Party OOTD

I had a pretty craptacular morning. The whole family overslept and I let the kids stay home from school and chill in their pajamas all day! Normally, I would have just brought everyone in late, but it was TEN O' CLOCK when we all finally woke up. I subsequently spent the rest of my morning/afternoon being upset with myself. Mommy guilt is a bitch.

This afternoon my daughter had a ceremony for Brownies and I also had a Lia Sophia party to attend later on in the evening. In other words, I was forced to make myself somewhat socially acceptable. This is what I wore:



Cardigan: Gap
Top: J. Crew
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: J. Crew
Tights: George brand, from Walmart
Shoes: Charlotte Russe

My hair is a hot mess because it's literally the same ponytail I rocked yesterday and slept in all night! I really envy people that (1) have beautiful hair and (2) have the patience to create beautiful hair. I also feel compelled to say the fact that I fixed the red eye on my son and not myself rather amusing.

I think the top I'm wearing is the Calista cami. Does anyone else have this or something similar and if so how do you keep the pleats looking neat and tidy? Mine are totally jacked up and I'm not sure if it can be helped or not... It pains me to admit that I (or rather, my darling husband) paid full price for this and it's not my ideal size.

If you are curious what I bought from the Lia Sophia party, I got three pairs of earrings. They are herehere (I got the silver), and here. I'm also having my own party in January. Sweet, right?




2 comments:

  1. Ah, one of those days! Look at the bright side, it means the whole family needs more sleep so you did the right thing by keeping them all at home ;-) But honestly you look so gorgeous and you hair looks perect, so I really don't know what you are talking about because you belong to the (1) have beautiful hair category in my opinion :-) Just found your blog and love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the awesome compliments!

    I'm not crazy about my hair. When it comes to getting ready, doing my hair is my lowest priority. I think the longer it gets, the easier it is to maintain because it just kind of hangs there, but I've never been a hair person. It takes about 6-7 to dry it and I'm out the door. :)

    ReplyDelete