The study of a grown up girl who still loves playing dress up

The study of a grown up girl who still loves to play dress up

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Toddlers Envy My Styyyyle

I wish I were made of money, because if I were I'd have the most bomb ass closet on the planet. Until I win Powerball, my very generous husband sets aside some "fun money" for me that I usually use to update my wardrobe.

This week I bought an Anthropologie Traced Twirls Dress in the rare blue colorway from a sweet gal on Roxy's Effortless Anthropologie Trade Market.


I don't think it will look as gorgeous on me as it did on Anjali of Goldenmeans in her birthday post, but then again, her outfits are always perfection!



Now for today's OOTD!



Cardigan: Gap (circa 2008)
Dress: Rodarte for Target, purchased from eBay
Belt: Anthropologie Infinity Belt
Tights: George, from Walmart
Shoes: Coach (circa 2006)


I look like a toddler with a bad atittude in this photograph.......... and I love it. :D

5 comments:

  1. omg.. you have to see the necklace I made earlier - it is like it was MADE for that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, that necklace is amazing. It's just gorgeous. Are you selling it? Bonus question: Would you consider recreating the matching bracelet to sell? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Lyzi! I am sure you will look fab in the Traced Twirls. And LOL, I woke up late to leave for brunch on my birthday and put that outfit together in about 45 seconds. I am sure you can surpass me ;)

    Your OOTD is so cute! I have the same Rodarte x Target dress but have never worn it because it is too short on me, sigh. And yet I refuse to return/sell it. Too pretty. Anyway, you wear it well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyzi - sorry I forgot to recheck here (this is why I like LJ better with it's "email me replies"! Yes - the necklace is in my laughingstarfish.com shop. I am still totally enamored with playing with copper and expect some new bracelets will be made soon too. Right now I've got a smaller copper necklace in the works with apatite - mmmmdreamy dark blue apatite!! but after that I'll see what I can do in the aquamarine stones again.

    ReplyDelete